Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel. (Revelation 8:2-4)
Individual prayer requests can be made in several ways. Each Sunday morning, there is a gold slip of paper in the weekly bulletin. Feel free to fill this out and drop it in the offering plate during the service. You can check a box on the slip to note if you would like your request made know to the entire congregation, or only to the church elders. If you prefer your request to be seen only by the church elders, you may also contact the church office. Someone there will be able to put you in touch with one of the church elders or deacons.
We ask a continuing interest in your prayers for the following:
- Praise and thanks to God for Christ and our redemption through his blood.
- Praise and thanks to God for a safe haven (the church) for his people.
- Praise and thanks to God for our country and all of the many blessings he provides us through her.
- Please pray for those that do not know Christ, by name if possible, and for opportunities to share Christ with them.
- Please pray for our church leadership team, and the pastor in particular, that they may continue to lead First Church according to the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
- Please pray for our members, by name if possible, and their many challenges and issues in life. Pray that their weaknesses are strengthened and that their place in the household of faith be fruitful.
- Please remember the sick and shut-ins, both among those at First Church and those elsewhere that you may know of. Please remember them by name if possible.
- Please remember to pray for the members of our armed forces, by name if possible. Please give much attention to praying for individuals serving in harm's way in particular.
- Please pray for our nation's leaders, as commanded by scripture. In particular, please pray that they might know Christ and walk in a way that honors him.
- Please pray for Gideons and Missionaries, that they remain safe, that their efforts bear fruits of the Spirit, and that they feel the strength of Christ flowing through them.